Leadership Positions and Task Available
Get Involved with the 2012 CROP Hunger Walk
Celebrates its 38th Anniversary in the Tri-Cities Area
Goals: $38000, Walkers - 380, Churches - 38
Sunday, October 7, 2012 at Second Christian Reformed Church - 2021 Sheldon Rd, Grand Haven, MI 49417
Registration starts at 1:00
A light lunch will be served at 1:00 pm – 1:45 pm
A prayer service will be held at 1:45 pm
The walk begins at 2:00 pm
May 8th was the first CROP Hunger Walk meeting for this year. We are looking for the following leaders to help make this year another successful year for raising funds for the pantries of Love INC, The People Center and The Salvation Army. Please contact Jeanette Laarman if "Feeding the Hunger" is a passion of yours and you might be interested in one of these positions or a way to get involved (
616 846 2701).
You are the heart of the CROP Hunger Walk. Your task is to transform the preparation for the Walk and the Walk itself into opportunities for learning about the reality of hunger. Your efforts will further motivate Recruiters and Walkers, and help the Walk generate as much money as possible to help hungry people.
• Review the Education Resources available from Church World Service.
• Demonstrate an educational activity from one of the CWS resources for the Recruiter’s Orientation in collaboration with the Recruitment Leader.
• Design and implement educational elements for the CROP Hunger Walk.
Online Promotion Leader
You are the multiplier enabling your CROP Hunger Walk to go digital. By promoting the use of our online fundraising tools (will provide details once updated) and social networking sites, the funds raised by your Walk can grow significantly!
• Promote online fundraising.
• Employ social networking tools to spread the word.
• Possibility set up a Walk website.
You are the voice of the CROP Hunger Walk. Your task is to get the word out to the local community in as many ways as possible about your Walk. The more people that know about your event, the more who are likely to support your effort to help hungry people around the world.
• Contact local media with information about the CROP Hunger Walk.
• Seek local business and media support for the Walk.
• Spread the news far and wide.
• Coordinate media coverage on Walk day.
• Follow up with media after the Walk.
Recruitment is the key to the success of your CROP Hunger Walk. The more Walkers you have, the greater the amount of funds raised to assist hungry people.
• Identify Recruiters in each participating congregation/organization.
• Prepare and help lead a Recruiter’s Orientation 4-6 weeks prior to the Walk.
• Stay in touch with Recruiters to assist as needed.
• After the Walk, thank and affirm Recruiters for their efforts that have helped hungry people around the world.
Recruiter Profile: Energetic people who are good communicators and passionate about the issue of hunger.
The power of one!
If you engage 10 churches/organizations who each recruit 20 Walkers who raise an average of $150 that means:
$30,000 for your CROP Hunger Walk!
Other ways to get involved:
Become a walker: Help raise funds or awareness for Love INC, The People Center and The Salvation Army’s Pantries and worldwide efforts to feed the hungry.
Make a donation to CROP: Donations can be sent to 1106 Fulton Street, Grand Haven, MI 49417 - Checks can be made out to CWS/CROP. Online donations will be made available in June.
Become a recruiter or representative of your organization to get others involved in fighting hunder.
Other TASK Available
Blow up balloons the day of CROP Walk – Air tank has been donated. We need to blow up 150 balloons
Provide music the day of the CROP with a focus on the finish line. This could be live music or a sound system.
Create a fun finish line